Seems like it's going to be a long week, and it's only Tuesday.
Today was not such a good day. I don't really want to go into why; suffice it to say I am beginning to feel the pangs of imposter's syndrome.
Didn't get much accomplished, bad mood, hungry all compounded to make me go home early and veg in front of the computer.
Tomorrow, though, is a new day. This is just the first step in a long process. This won't be the only time I feel this way, and I'll soon feel like I did last week - like I am on top of the world and I can do anything I want. It just comes and goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I doubt you have Imposter's Syndrome. In fact, I'm quite sure you don't. However, I'm pretty sure I do. Or maybe I have reverse-Imposter's Syndrome. I'm not really sure. Either way, I have a firm belief that you are at least as capable as I give you credit, and probably more.
What do they call it when you think everyone around you is an imposter? I think I might have that one.
Haha, ok, so in the Earlham Around the Heart, the little packet of info of the goings on on campus, the counseling department likes to put in little tips and stuff about mental health. For example, they will say "If you are feeling stressed, good ways of coping are working out, going for a walk, talking to a friend, and drinking tea."
So, they put a blurp in that says, "Do you feel like you fool people into thinking you are smarter than you are? You might have Imposters Syndrome!" Like, that is the worst thing to tell someone who might be suffering from this! It's like saying "Yep, that's right. You actually ARE dumb but you are FOOLING everyone!" Which is totally not what the article you linked to said. That was much more like "You are smart but you think you aren't and you feel like you must be fooling everyone. You're not. You really are smart. You don't have to be perfect. Relax."
You're not an imposter! You really are smart! Just don't talk to the Earlham counselors about this, I guess.
Post a Comment