Those of you who know me know about my hummingbird-like qualities when it comes to food. I need it, all the time, generally in high-calorie formats. In Oregon, when I wasn't walking as much at my sedentary desk job, I was fine eating cereal for breakfast at 8 and then going until lunch, where I'd have half a sandwich and some fruit and that would sustain me until I devoured dinner at six.
No more, my friends, no more. It cannot be done. I can't go in to campus with a granola bar and an apple and expect to last more than two hours.
In the interest of saving money, my plan is to pack and freeze sandwiches and other lunch items in advance so that I won't be tempted to eat out. Since I don't have access to a fridge or microwave on campus (as far as I know) this should be a good option.
Haven't gone to class yet today - my only class is from 7-9 tonight. Had my first yoga class this morning, which was really nice. That will be a good weekly activity. Then I went and grabbed lunch (see? $6.50 for a mediocre burrito. Next time I'm going to the local veggie cafe. At least it's worth it then.) Then I read, ran some errands, make some errand phone calls, and now I'm back at home to read some more before class.
My new bike should be here soon, and I can't wait to go to Michigan this weekend! Yaaaaaay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're blog is as good as it is new, which is to say...very.
Yes, I enjoyed reading. I think it will be interesting to travel along as you journey along at Meeeeechigan. {Did I get enough e's there?}
I'm pleased to say that I've included you in the new (updated} updated edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.
If you have a chance to come by for a look I'll be interesting to see what thoughts you may have.
You won't want to miss the rendering I did of The Big House!! If you're nice to me I might even post it again.
...and he laughed and laughed
Post a Comment