Some moments from the past week:
* Renting a blue Ford Mustang to drive to rural western MA for the early Americanists' BBQ. Driving said Mustang to IKEA to get a kitchen table, rug, and wine glasses. Driving it to the grocery store with new friends and getting our $26 out of that Mustang.
* Reading a book so long and complex and then having it sort of make sense as my classmates discussed it so that I want to revisit it.
* Going to a legal history forum and feeling very out of place as the only one wearing jeans. Exciting talk, though, and looking forward to getting involved.
* Joining the AHA and the OHA.
* Attending the meeting of our graduate student Union and having many conversations about whether or not to join. Perhaps I'll write more about this later.
* Having wine and cheese with a great group of women, then staying up and talking till 3:30 with my women friends who will likely be my best friends here. Haven't done that in far too long.
* Attending a talk on slavery in which people in the audience shared personal stories of slavery's legacies in their family (one white, one black). Reminded me why I love what I do.
* Having Indian food with a bunch of new friends and remembering why it sucks to divide up bills with large groups.
* Writing my first real grad school paper and reminding myself that I can't be afraid to say something, or I won't say anything at all. That's what I should be doing right now...
* Looking forward to a weekend in Minneapolis and environs and getting my haircut this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment