Friday, October 26, 2007

Life is good

Life is pretty good right now. Aside from missing Aaron horribly, this week was much better than last week.

Though last weekend was pretty lonely, I got a lot of work done, and was happy with my contributions in class this week. Now, if only this weekend would be so kind...but it's not shaping up that way. I've had two social evenings in a row, the former of which ended up with me drinking WAY too much wine and thus having a very slow day today. And then tomorrow is the big halloween party night, so...yeah. I'm thinking the 800 pages of reading for the one class is not going to get entirely read. Though in my defense, we are allowed to skim most of it. I mean, it's 800 pages. It's really more of a reference book.

Speaking of reference, I had a wonderful time in the law library last week. A very wonderful librarian searched with me for half an hour for a book of Missouri statutes that was cleverly misfiled, etc in the stacks. (I should email her to tell her that I eventually found it.) I've found a bunch of useful contextual details for my narrative on the slave trial I'll be writing about (same as my undergrad thesis) for my last two papers in my narrative class.

I'm thinking more and more about getting a law degree. Not sure about the J.D., but definitely an M.S.L. I am very lucky to be at a place where something like that is possible - essentially I take one year of law school to help me with my research. It's geared for people like me who don't want to practice law.

What else...my mom is coming to visit me next weekend! That will be very fun. Wedding dress shopping, yay!

Went to a great talk on Monday. Got a wonderful care package. Got my phone charger (which was an ordeal) and also got to go to Target, which was a huge boon. Bought a new computer (switched to Mac) and it got here today. Yes, it only took two days, and it is beautiful.

Been going to the gym occasionally, which makes me feel better. Yoga is good.

This week coming up is going to be fun. On Tuesday our class discussions will revolve around transnational Mexican cinema and its diplomatic impacts in one class and then a lively discussion about the rise of American democracy. Thursday will bring a trip to the special collections library and then a workshop on our narrative.

I pretty much love my life. Except that I need to do laundry...and I miss Aaron...and I have a lot of work. But at least it's fun work.

No comments: