Saturday, December 15, 2007

And...almost done

Third paper is printed out and ready to turn in. Excellent.

Today I have the second half of the working group to go to. Yesterday was amazing - it's great to be in a room with all of these great academics and realize they are still working on the same things you're interested in. This means a) they don't have it all figured out and b) maybe there is still a dissertation topic out there for me yet! Not that I'm in a rush to figure that out or anything, but a grad student's biggest fear is the book coming out a month before your dissertation that's on exactly what you are writing about. Ok, that fear, and the fear of not ever gaining meaningful employment. But the two are related...

After that I have to run some errands, then I'm coming home and packing. I'm nervous about my flight, as bad weather is predicted for Sunday, but I figure that it really doesn't matter - I don't have anywhere to be! I'd rather be somewhere else than LaGuardia while I wait to go, but at least I'll be in the airport rather than driving all around.

Anyhow, almost time to head out. I can't believe I got up at 7 for this.

No comments: