Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tea and Snacks

Just gonna throw this out there: the best, tastiest, most creative candies and cookies come from countries where they drink tea on a regular basis. When I was in Russia, there was always some sort of sweet candy or cookie (my favorite was halvah) to accompany the drink. England also has some great candy and cookies. It works out so well, as I recalled yesterday afternoon as I sipped my tea, alternating sips with bites of an oatmeal raisin cookie. There's something about the combination that makes both tastes better.

Yum. Americans for Reviving Tea Time! Who's with me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love tea with muffins! i get my loose leaf from this special tea store called teacuppa.com and also my local teahouse! :)

Unknown said...

I love tea time! I am lucky enough to work in an office where alternate bringing our favorite teas and treats to work for an afternoon break. This is a great way to try different teas. My favorite green tea is strawberry fields. I love that the flavor of the green tea is not overshadowed by the delicious strawberries. The hint of jasmine is sweet enough that I do not have to add any honey or sugar. As for tea treats we all love Lemon Ladies and Gingerbread Gentlemen- cookies from England.

jana said...

I do afternoon tea everyday. And with it I usually have a sweet something. I think homemade scones are my favorite, but I don't always have the time. Homemade bread with butter and honey is probably my second favorite.

I drink a wide variety of teas, but my fav in the afternoon is Almond Vanilla from Republic of Tea.